Thursday, November 3, 2016

How to make Kettle Corn (Super Easy)

Hey ya'll!

So, I don't know about you... but Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks. I love that crunchy, buttery, salty yumminess that nothing but popcorn can satisfy. 
Of course, Popcorn that is salty and sweet is even better!  So, I decided to share a recipe I found recently for Kettle Corn. It's super fun (and easy) to make, and it's even more enjoyable to eat.



Makes 6 to 8 servings (About 10 cups)

What You Need
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons oil (Coconut Oil, Canola Oil, or another vegetable oil... I used Coconut Oil.)
1/2 cup corn kernels
1/4 to 1/2 cup white granulated sugar, to taste
1 teaspoon salt
Equipment:
4-quart sauce pot with lid
Long-handled spoon for stirring
Instructions
  1. Warm the oil: Pour the oil into the pot and drop three kernels of corn into the pan. These three kernels will be your indicator for when the oil is hot. Cover with the lid and set over medium-high heat.

  2. Add the corn kernels, sugar, and salt: Use 1/4 cup of sugar if you like slightly sweet kettle corn and more if you like sweeter. Quickly stir everything together to coat all the kernels and replace the lid.

  3.  Shake the pan occasionally as the popcorn starts to pop, and then more frequently and vigorously as the popping increases. Rest the pot on the burner every few seconds to maintain the heat.

  4.  Some wisps of steam toward the end of popping are normal — don't confuse this with smoke! However, if you smell smoke, stop popping and proceed with the next steps.

  5. Remove from heat when popping slows: When you hear the popping begin to slow, 1 to 2 seconds between pops, remove the pan from heat. Don't wait for every kernel to pop or you'll end up burning the popcorn; as soon as you think it might be starting to slow down, take it off the heat. Total popping time is about 2 to 3 minutes on my electric stove.

  6. Cool the Popcorn: Let the kettle corn cool for at least five minutes — the popcorn will crisp as it cools. Eat immediately or store in an airtight container for several days.
Recipe Notes:
  • Kettle corn with other sugars: Kettle corn is usually made with plain old white granulated sugar, but this shouldn't stop you from experimenting! Try any other granulated sugar, or experiment with liquid sweeteners, like honey and maple syrup. I used Coconut Sugar and I loved the taste! ☺



Does anyone else like Popcorn as much as I do? Let me know!

I hope you're having a wonderful week!



Also, don't forget to get outside and enjoy the last of the fall colors before everything is covered in snow... !

Cheers!
Makayla♥

1 comment:

I love to hear from wonderful people like you, so feel free to drop me a comment!
I hope you enjoy what you see!☺

Makayla♥